Our Lady of Grace’s Roots
Serving God’s People in Encino Since 1945
Irish and Carmelite
Our Lady of Grace was established by a group of Irish Discalced Carmelites who arrived to the San Fernando Valley after WWII. The first Mass celebrated in our grounds was inside the packing room of Canoga Farms, and was presided by Father Patrick Collins, OCD (Order of Discalced Carmelites), who was the first pastor of Our Lady of Grace, serving the community until 1952.
From Carmelite to Diocesan
Part of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles since 1958
The Order of the Discalced Carmelites gave Our Lady of Grace Parish to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles on August 31, 1958. Msgr. Thomas McCarthy was appointed the first diocesan pastor at Our Lady of Grace on September 1, 1958.
Our Lady of Grace School
A Tradition of Academic Excellence since 1947
The Our Lady of Grace school opened on September 3, 1947 with just 4 classrooms. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 300 families and multiple areas of studies to build strong intellectual and spiritual bases in tomorrow’s leaders.
Would you like to be part of our faith community?